Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Acoustics and Space

Scott Pilgrim vs The World Soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmH4JFlUaEM&list=PL5C9DEBC406C2EF26

Film soundtracks, if done well are one of the main reasons why I go back to watch a film. If the soundtrack itself has caught my attention then it is definitely a film that will stay in my mind until I watch it again. When I revisit a film and hear those particular songs, it gives me more joy watching and listening to the film, then when I did the first time. It is that sense of nostalgia. A soundtrack that always come to mind when we talk about ones that we will never forget is Scott Pilgrim vs The World. When I first watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World it was in Screen and Sound 1 and I was extremely excited to watch it because it was something I always wanted to see, but I never got to see it. I sat in the front row of the theatre and when the opening titles came in when the band was playing I instantly felt a sense of excitement. I felt my body move up in my seat and my eyes were wide open. Not only did the visuals tell the story within this film, but the soundtrack is obviously the biggest part. Never within a film had that I have not yet seen have I been so excited to watch it from beginning to end. Sometimes when I watch a film there are parts where it gets slow and I begin to get disinterested, but with Scott Pilgrim vs The World the soundtrack kept me on the edge of my feet, in terms of wanting to watch and hear more songs. When I watched the behind the scenes to Scott Pilgrim, I found out it was very carefully crafted, and each of the actors had to learn their part, if they did not already know how to sing or play and instrument. Because I am a huge rock fan, the songs in this really connected with me, and how it played out throughout the film, not only that but when I watched/listened to some of the songs play out within the film, it actually began to give me chills, because it was so good. It was definitely an experience that allowed me to be engulfed by the film itself. The image on the screen and the sound were so perfect together that it just took me to the world of Scott Pilgrim. There wasn’t a moment were I got taken out of the film and back into my own thoughts. Not only did the soundtrack make a huge impact, but the sound effects when it came to the battle scenes were incredible as well. Whenever the battle scenes came up, I knew that it was going to be awesome because of how it played out with the visual and sound effects. Watching it in the theatre definitely made a huge impact on how I watched the film, because I got to experience the film instead of just watching it. It felt as if I was a part of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment